zondag 17 februari 2008

A sense of adventure

Morning pages


2/7 Still struggling here.

To be honest I have been considering to give up since I don't seem to get all the things done. This chapter didn't really speak to me and the motivation was slipping away. When I saw Pamela do her check in of week 4 today I decided to give it another shot.



Artist date


I have a book called Utopia a picture story that shows work of an artist aboriginal collective that makes silk batiks. The book contains portraits of aboriginal women with a piece of silk batik they designed for this project, using fauna and flora and symbols of their culture. The sentence "Allow yourself to be" remembered me of cultures through the ages that weren't allowed to be, the aboriginal beeing one of them. I did watch the movie "Rabit fence" that tells the story how children of aboriginals were taken away from their parent to be re-educated in camps. Not allowed to speak their language and been seen as inferior. A young girl decides to walk back over 1000 miles (with two other small children) to be reunited with her mother. A beautiful and impressive film. It's only a few weeks ago the Australian government apologized for the first time for the injustice they have done to the aboriginals.

Tasks

I liked the dialogue task, I do this quite frequently but never as innovator-conserver. This could be a good angle because to be honest I'm probably more of a conserver (to the annoyance of my family who both are innovators). The dialogue I did strike up with myself was about if I should continue this project or not.


Weekly walks

We have had two amazing weekends, a bit cold but very sunny weather. I always walk on saturday and sunday with my DH. He often uses me as a sound board for his ideas so I am not always able to let my thoughts float. I'm thinking of taking up running again (started last summer) now the days are growing longer.

Geen opmerkingen: